🍽️ 10 commandments at the table... If you want to be the guest everyone is raving about, here are some tips 😊
As a general rule, be active: lend a hand to your hosts, take an interest in the other guests and avoid becoming the sole point of attention, even if everything you say is tremendously exciting!
- Sit up straight, do not put your elbows on the table
- Do not nibble on bread, but wait for the signal of your hosts to start
- Help yourself moderately and turn the serving dishes towards your neighbor
- Close your mouth while eating and swallow before you speak
- Use cutlery for eating, not for emphasizing your talk with grand gestures
- Drink small sips and do not put the hand on your glass to refuse wine
- Kindly ask for help, instead of stretching out your arm in front of your neighbor
- Dot not add salt to the dish before having tasted it
- At the end of the meal, put down your cutlery at 4:30. If in any doubt, do as your hosts
- The next day, do not forget to thank them 🙏
About L'Institut Bernardaud:
Because the French art of living is the envy of the world, what better way than with porcelain to introduce you to the teeming world of the table... Contribute with L'Institut Bernardaud to reenchanting this convivial and so precious moment of the meal by following our various workshops and conferences. A program with a creative approach and open to the world to live an exciting adventure at the crossroads of gastronomy, art, history or decoration.