THE BERNARDAUD “EXTRAORDINARY TABLES” CONTEST - OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. ELIGIBILITY. The Bernardaud “Extraordinary Tables” Contest ("Contest") is open to all people who are the age of majority at the start of the Contest ("Entrants"). The Contest is sponsored by Bernardaud SA ("Sponsor").
Directors, employees of Sponsor, and each of its parents, subsidiaries affiliate, advertising and promotion agencies and any other entities participating in the design, promotion, marketing, advertising, administration or fulfillment of the Contest as well as their immediate families are ineligible to participate in the Contest.
2. CONTEST PERIOD. The Contest begins on July 20, 2022, at the time of the related publication on Bernardaud Instagram account (@bernardaud) and ends on August 31, 2022, (“UTC+1”) at 11:59 p.m. (the "Contest Period").
4. HOW TO ENTER.
To enter the Contest, Entrants must submit their application:
4.2. Using their Instagram account
In order to participate, Entrants must have or create a non-private Instagram account, i.e. visible on the Instagram social network ("Instagram Account").
- If Entrants already have an Instagram Account, Entrants will have to sign in to their account, they must post at least one photo of an extraordinary table, tag @Bernardaud and use the hashtag #TablesExtraordinaires in the text of their post or as a comment of their post during the Contest Period.
- All entries must be received no later than 11:59 p.m. (23:59) UTC+1 on August 31st, 2022, according to the computer time on the Sponsor's server.
Sponsor is not responsible for late, incomplete, void, corrupted, garbled, misdirected, or otherwise unintelligible Entries and for any problems, bugs or malfunctions Contest Entrants may encounter when submitting their Entries.
Incomplete, garbled, corrupted or otherwise illegible entries are void and will not be accepted. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify false entries or entries suspected of being false and to disqualify any Entrant it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or violating these Official Rules. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a winner, the winner will be deemed to be the authorized account holder of the social media account used to enter or the email account listed.
5. ELIGIBLE ENTRIES
To be considered as eligible to the Contest, any Entry must meet the following conditions:
• Entry must be a of a photograph representing an extraordinary table set up: unusual, funny, surprising or sublime;
• Entry must be the original work of entrant;
• Entry must not contain material that is inappropriate, indecent, contain profanity, nudity, sexual content; hateful content of any kind; content that promotes violence or harm to another living creature; or any other offensive content (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion);
• Entry must not include any trademarks, logos, or copyrighted materials, other than Sponsor related materials, or advertise or promote any brand or product owned by any entity other than Sponsor;
• Entry must not contain materials embodying the names, likenesses, photographs, or other identifying elements of any person, without express written permission from the person or persons;
• Entry must be in keeping with Sponsor's image and not contain any material that could reflect negatively on the name, reputation, or goodwill of Sponsor, its subsidiaries or affiliates;
• Limit one (1) entry per natural person. You cannot participate under multiple identities, nor use any system nor any other device in order to exceed the abovementioned limit.
6. ENTRANT’S DECLARATION
By entering the Contest, the Entrant grants to the Sponsor a worldwide, royalty-free, non-exclusive right and license to represent, reproduce and adapt the Entrant’s picture submitted for broadcasting it on the Sponsor’s website and on social networks for a promotional and a marketing basis, without any further prior notice or payment to the Entrant.
This license is granted to the Sponsor for a duration of two (2) years following the Entrant’s participation to the Contest.
Entrant represents and warrants that its Entry does not and will not infringe on any copyright or trademark or any other third-party right or violate any applicable law or regulation, including any right to privacy or publicity.
7. ODDS. Odds of winning a prize depend on the number and quality of eligible entries received during the Contest period.
8. SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION OF SELECTED ENTRANT. At the end of the Contest period, one (1) potential winner ("Selected Entrant") will be selected by a representative of Sponsor among all eligible Entries received to win.
Selection criteria will be:
- Quality of the picture (clear, define, frame…);
- Compliance with the theme: a photograph representing an extraordinary table set up: unusual, funny, surprising or sublime;
- Subjective preference of Bernardaud’s representative;
- If several pictures are rated ex aequo, the number of likes on Instagram will prevail.
The selection will be held on or about September 1st, 2022 ("Drawing Date"). The Selected Entrant will be notified through the direct message function of the Instagram social network or by email within forty-eight (48) hours of Drawing Date ("Notification").
The Selected Entrant will be required to respond (as directed) within two (2) business days of attempted Notification. In order to proceed to the Selected Entrant’s identification, the Selected Entrant will also be required to provide name, birth date, current address, and phone number. Selected Entrant's failure to respond timely to the Notification may result in forfeiture of the Prize, and in such case, Sponsor may randomly select an alternate Selected Entrant from among the remaining eligible entries, up to three (3) times.
9.1. Grand Prize
The first selected Participant will receive one (1) grand prize (hereinafter the "Prize"), which includes a Set of 4 (four) assorted 27 cm dinner plates and a Set of 4 (four) assorted 21 cm dessert plates from the Marinette collection available on the French Bernardaud website (https://www.bernardaud.com/fr or in English: https://www.bernardaud.com/en-gb ).
The total maximum value of the Prize is €461.00 (four hundred and sixty-one Euros) including tax.
9.2. Secondary Prizes
The next ten (10) selected Participants will receive one (1) secondary prize (hereinafter the "Secondary Prize"), which consists of one (1) place for one (1) conference workshop of L'Institut Bernardaud in Paris (France) to be used until December 31, 2022.
The maximum total value of the Secondary Prize is €50.00 (fifty Euros) including tax.
The Secondary Prize does not include travel or accommodation expenses to attend the workshop conference in Paris (France). If the Participant is unable to travel, a replacement Prize of equivalent value may be offered by the Sponsor.
10. PRIZE CONDITIONS. No substitution, transfer, or cash redemption of prize permitted, provided however that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a Prize with another prize of equal or greater value should the advertised prize become unavailable for any reason. Selected Entrant cannot assign or transfer their prize to another person or business.
If prize notification or any prize is returned as undeliverable, or if Selected Entrant may not accept or receive a prize for any reason, prize will be forfeited.
Unclaimed Prizes will not be awarded.
By entering the Contest, the Entrant accepts and acknowledges the characteristics and limitations of the Internet, including technical performance, response time to consult, query of transfer information. Sponsor shall not be liable for late, lost, delayed, void, corrupted, misdirected, incomplete, unreadable, inaccurate, garbled or unintelligible entries, communications or declarations, regardless the method of transmission, bugs lost connections, disconnections, delays or transmission errors, or other technical malfunctions that the Entrants may encounter when submitting their entry or during the Contest Period. Moreover, Sponsor shall not be liable for data corruption, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alteration of entry or other materials.
Sponsor will not be liable if the access to the social network hosting the Contest is unavailable during the Contest Period for any reason.
Sponsor cannot be responsible for any misuse of any device that permitted to access to the Contest, nor any incident relative to the use of such device. Specifically, Sponsor cannot be held responsible for material/immaterial damages causes to the Entrants, to their computer equipment and the date stored therein, as well as the consequences that may be prejudicial to their personal/professional/commercial activity.
Sponsor’s liability cannot be held in the event of any difficulty of any nature whatsoever, relative in acquiring/using the Prize. Specifically, Sponsor will not be liable for any injury, loss or damage of any nature whatsoever resulting from: (i) the Prize (ii) the acceptance, acquisition, possession or use of the Prize, (iii), the Entrant’s participation to the Contest. All activities related to the Prize are at the Selected Entrant's own risk, as defined below, and subject to whatever restrictions are imposed by the entities that govern such activities. All tax liabilities (including income taxes) arising from this Contest will be the sole responsibility of Selected Entrant.
12. DISPUTES. Any dispute regarding these Official Rules and/or the Contest shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with French law.
13. GENERAL CONDITIONS. By entering, Entrants agree to be fully and unconditionally bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Contest or these Official Rules.
Any portion of the Contest may be canceled, suspended and/or modified, in whole or in part, if in Sponsor's opinion any fraud, technical failure or other factor beyond its control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest.
Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who is found to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules, or to be acting in an unsportsman-like or disruptive manner, or with the intent to disrupt or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest, or to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, and Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to terminate the Contest and, if terminated, at its discretion, select the potential winner in a random drawing from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to action taken.
Sponsor will not be responsible for the Contest’s cancellation or for the modification of the Contest’s rules in case of force majeure or any circumstance beyond its control.
Sponsor will take all necessary and reasonable measures to protect the Entrant’s personal data against access, processing, erasure, loss and/or utilization by an unauthorized person.
In accordance with the applicable regulation, you have the right to access, modify, remove, limit and oppose to your personal data, as well as a right to data portability. To do so, please address your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
15. WINNER'S LIST AND CONTEST RULES. To obtain a copy of these Official Rules or a winner's list after the end of the Contest Period, send your request to email@example.com.
© 2022 Bernardaud, SA. All rights reserved.