Reference L627 / 4519
1777, Original is housed in the National Ceramics Museum in Sèvres, France.
Armand Sr. specialized in the depiction of live birds by painting them while in their birdcages in the Garden of Plants in Paris. He imbued his subjects with human-like qualities. This approach was contrary to the approach of his contemporaries who painted from etchings done by natural scientists. This cup with its image of embroidered silk is typical of the Sèvres workshops during a period when the search for material effects is favored.
Made in Limoges, France ⚑
Free shipping for amount over $150
Handling & care
© Bertrand Bozon