Sit at the table in the manner of kings and princes with our historic dinnerware – identical replicas of original pieces from the 18th and 19th centuries. The diversity of table settings presented throughout this catalog illustrates a history of fashions, influences, and styles over more than a century. Each piece, each service, each historic cup is an invitation to rediscover, through porcelain, a few chapters of two great histories: art and the table.
Founded in 1737 under Louis XV, then put under the protection of the Comte d’Artois, Louis XVI’s brother in 1774 and sold during the Revolution, the Ancienne Manufacture Royale de Limoges is part of the history of France. It belongs to the Bernardaud group since 1986 and produces all its historical models in its Limoges workshops according to the strictest quality standards.
Please note that we will not be able to ship this exceptional decor within 15 days, please contact our Customer Service for more information: + 1 212 371 4300.
1810, original is housed in the National Château de Malmaison Museum in Rueil-Malmaison, France
The Parisian manufacturer “Dagoty Brothers”, protected by the Empress Josephine, produced this cup and it is certainly one of the most brilliant examples from the Empire period. The cup combines the “return-to-Egypt” style and a taste for Roman antiquity, while at the same time demonstrating a passion for natural sciences, surely inspired by the sovereign, who possessed a surprising taxidermy collection of stuffed animals at her Malmaison residence.