Sit at the table in the manner of kings and princes with our historic dinnerware – identical replicas of original pieces from the 18th and 19th centuries. The diversity of table settings presented throughout this catalog illustrates a history of fashions, influences, and styles over more than a century. Each piece, each service, each historic cup is an invitation to rediscover, through porcelain, a few chapters of two great histories: art and the table.
Founded in 1737 under Louis XV, then put under the protection of the Comte d’Artois, Louis XVI’s brother in 1774 and sold during the Revolution, the Ancienne Manufacture Royale de Limoges is part of the history of France. It belongs to the Bernardaud group since 1986 and produces all its historical models in its Limoges workshops according to the strictest quality standards.
Please note that we will not be able to ship this exceptional decor within 15 days, please contact our Customer Service for more information: + 1 212 371 4300.
Around 1795, original is housed in the National Ceramics Museum in Sèvres, France
Etienne-Henri Legay, employed by the Sèvres workshops from 1793 to 1800, produced miniatures and still life paintings. A specialist in painting flowers and executing gold detailing, he created this design as if it were an oil painting, a fashion that the Sèvres workshops had developed for years. The enchanting charm of the cup is found in the extraordinary harmony of its luxurious medallions and rich detailing.